Wednesday, August 25, 2004

DP Stands for Democrat Post

Reading this morning's DP was like reading the DNC talking points memo. There was the story about the new anti-Salazar ad.

My Democrat-registered wife and I actually saw this ad last night and the first thing she said was, "Coors didn't approve that ad." Of course not, but apparently it's his duty to police all ads by groups outside his campaign. I await Salazar's response to the inevitable anti-Coors ad that will be emerging soon. I predict that it will be the usual, "Well, Coors didn't denounce the ads against me, so I won't denounce the ads against him."

Then there was the editorial that denounced all Republican-linked attack ads. Of course, Jim Spencer had to pile on and denounce the Swifties AGAIN, but this is to be expected.

What seems to be missing in the call for Kerry to denounce the anti-Bush ads by MoveOn.org, The Media Fund, and America Coming Together. There is no call for Kerry to denounce all of the singers and bands going around the country on the Anti-Bush tour. There is no call for Kerry to denounce the questioning of Bush's National Guard service. Outrage is reserved for times when it meets the DP's needs.

Finally, we get the story that a lawyer for the Bush campaign also advised the Swift Boat group. I work with a lawyer that is the general counsel for the Salazar campaign, but that doesn't make me a Democrat.