Friday, January 21, 2005

Salazar Goes to Washington

Kathryn Jean Lopez from National Review shares a cab with Ken Salazar after the inauguration:

"So, anyway, yesterday evening, near frostbitten, I grab a cab to get to a Foggy Bottom thing. Cab driver picks up a man in a cowboy hat around one of the Senate buildings. Nice gent, he makes small talk. Where you from? and all. I, of course, assume dude in cowboy hat is a tourist.

“I’m a United States senator,” he tells me when I, of course, assume he’s a here visiting for the inaugural. Ooops. The Colorado part doesn’t come out right away so I’m still looking under the cowboy hate running off freshmen in my head. (During the only downtime of the day, thank you.) I have to confess to NR, and I get a look, like “oh, other side.” So now I have it narrowed down...not enough. Gets better. He says he is from Colorado and then all I can think is, man, Pete Coors lost that one, man. Can't remember to who--brain freeze.

So, of course, it turned out to be Ken Salazar."