Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Supporting The War

If you can't tell by reading my posts, I support the Iraq War, the troops, and all the reasons we went to war. I support staying until we win and leaving Iraq a better place than it was under Saddam.

However, I often feel a little hypocritical because I am not in the military. The other day, I was listening to Dennis Prager and a caller asked this exact question: How can I say I support the war if I am not in the military?

The answer exhibited Dennis's moral clarity. He said (paraphrased, of course), "Do you support putting out fires? Are you a firefighter? It's possible to support a cause without being a direct fighter for the cause."

It's the same for policemen. I support the law and the enforcement of it by police officers, but that doesn't mean I have to be a police officer.

It did get me thinking. This war is not in jeopardy of being lost in Baghdad. It is in jeopardy of being lost in Washington, D.C. The way I can support the cause is to make more people aware of the mission and the importance of finishing the job.

That's how I copntribute to victory in the Iraq War.