Sunday, July 11, 2004

Who am I and why am I here?

My journey into the world of blogging started a year and a half ago. My wife and I moved from New York City to Littleton, CO. As residents of NYC for the previous 2 years, we were without a car and little money to purchase a new one. My grandmother was gracious enough to give me her 1980 Buick Regal with 42,000 original miles. After a few months, we got a new car, but I kept the Buick to get to work. In addition to the original miles, the interior was also original, which included only an AM radio.

I had listened to AM Talk Radio before, but never on a regular basis. Now, every car ride provided the opportunity to listen to 710 KNUS. One particular program, the Hugh Hewitt show caught my attention. It was Hugh, also known as the Keeper of the Collegiate Peaks here in Colorado, who introduced me to the blogosphere.

Over time, I thought of starting a blog, but knew that with the demands of a new job and a new son, I would have difficulty keeping the blog up to date.

As I said in my first post, I decided to take the plunge and make it work.

Some other pertinent facts about me:
1. Grew up in Colorado.
2. Went to college at Texas A&M University - Class of '97 (look for Aggie links in blogroll in the future).
3. Worked in Houston, Chicago, the Caribbean, New York, Los Angeles and now Denver.
4. Met my wife while working on a cruise ship.
5. Had a son in September 2003
6. Registered Republican (my wife is a registered Democrat)
7. Moderate Conservative
8. Voting for "W" in 2004
9. Supporting Pete Coors for Senate in 2004
10. Will never replace the AM radio in the Buick.