Thursday, March 24, 2005

Our Of Pocket

For the last few days, I've been in Six Sigma training. For those of you not familiar with project management approaches, this is a way of analyzing processes and determing causes and solutions. GE is particularly devoted to this approach. It's been interesting but has required that I do my normal job during early morning and evening hours so there hasn't been a lot of time for blogging.

For those of you who asked, my wife's opening of Beehive: The Musical at Country Dinner Playhouse went great. I haven't seen any reviews, but expect to shortly.

I see that Girl in Right has given up her run for Golden Town Council. It looks like some loon in Golden started to make some threats. No wonder good people don't end up running for office.

The Terri Schiavo situation continues to weigh on my mind. I understand all the arguments that the state shouldn't be involved in this matter, but something just doesn't seem right. How can the judges not think that they are killing this woman?

On Wednesday, a death row inmate in Texas got a reprieve from the death penalty "after lawyers argued that instructions given to jurors at his 1991 trial were unclear when they were deciding whether he should get the death penalty. The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals said it would determine if Staley's claim was proper."

Since Terri's instructions were also unclear, shouldn't she get the same review before being given the death penalty?