Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Post Election Hangover

Four more years. I thought that I would feel more elated, but it's more a sense of relief. Relief that this election cycle is over. Relief that the President won the EC and the PV by about 3 million. Relief that the MSM and far left have been proven to be out of touch with everyone that doesn't live in sight of a major body of water.

A couple of observations:

1. Rather, Jennings, Brokaw, Matthews - all looked like they were on the verge of tears. Such a sweet sight.

2. Mixed emotions in CO - Bush and 36 went my way, but Coors didn't get over the top. All in all, I think Salazar is a decent guy, but that doesn't mean he'll get a pass for the next 6 years.

3. Kerry non-concession - Give it up. It's about 136,000 votes difference. Take a cue from Coors, be a gentleman and save yourself the political embarrassment of dragging this thing out.

4. Moore, Franken, and all the other liberal nut-jobs - At least you have subject matter for another 4 years. At least we can be done with the "selected, not elected" nonsense, although I doubt it will go away.

5. What's next for Tyroblog - Not sure. Doing this made me feel like I had a voice and was involved in the political process. I'm sure that a second Bush term will give me plenty of opportunity to try to keep the local press in check.

I'll just take it day by day and see where it takes me.