Monday, May 01, 2006

C-SPAN On A Saturday Night

Saturday night was a date night for me and my wife. We went to see The Sentinel (not bad, but probably better for a DVD rental). When we got home, I was flipping through the channels and managed to catch the White House Correspondents Association Dinner on C-SPAN. Fortunately, I got to see Steve Bridges doing an amazing impression of the President, while standing next to the President. HotAir has a roundup of the whole evening.

Honestly, this guy was hilarious. Colbert was rather lame, but that's to be expected from the Comedy Central political crew.

I'm keeping the unofficial countdown clock for how long it takes a columnist in the WaPo or NYT to criticize President Bush for making jokes about some of today's issues, a la looking under his couch for the WMDs.