Friday, November 05, 2004

Something To Agree On

During the election season, I had nothing in common with Jim Spencer. But now that it is over, he writes a column this morning that I can wholeheartedly support.

My wife and I have a 14 month-old son. He is in a playgroup with the Gove's who are mentioned in Spencer's article. My wife and I are walking in Josh and Gus's Run for a Reason tomorrow. The proceeds from the walk go to raise awareness for SUDC, or Sudden Unexpected Death of a Child. SUDC is like SIDS, but occurs in children over the age of 1 year.

Before SIDS was a commonly known term, people raised awareness and funds for research. Now, the time has come to raise awareness and funds for SUDC. Even if you can't walk tomorrow. Go to the website and learn more about SUDC, and if you are inclined, donate for the cause.

Thanks, Jim, for using your space to promote a cause we can all agree on.